We all have heard about steroids. Most of us have knowledge that sportsperson and bodybuilders take it. What else do you know? Then this article is for you. Do you know that steroids produced within our bodies?
Our body produces some chemical compounds called steroids. Three glands called steroid glands secrete these chemical compounds called hormone. The three steroid glands are- the adrenal cortex, testes are ovaries and placenta (among females during pregnancy). Steroid hormones are lipid soluble molecules and are derivative of cholesterol. Sex hormones are an example of steroid hormones. Sex hormones include androgens and progesterone. Male and female gonads secrete these hormones. Adrenal glands secrete some hormones like aldosterone and androgens. These also consist of steroid hormones called adrenal steroids. These are required for a variety of physiological functions. In order to carry out these physiological functions, these hormones spread in the body through blood.
Functions of some hormones are:
- Glucocorticoids: Control many metabolic processes. It helps in the formation of glucose from amino acids and fatty acids. It also helps in the deposition of glycogen in the liver. It maintains normal blood pressure. It is beneficial in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and prevents the rejection of transplanted organs.
- Mineralocorticoids: Maintains the balance of water and salts in the body, and this helps in the prevention of affecting the kidney.
- Androgens: Develops and maintains reproductive function and stimulation of the secondary sex characteristics in a male. It helps in stimulating the production of skeletal muscles, bone, and red blood cells. Overdosing of this steroid has serious side effects, like infertility and heart diseases.
- Estrogens: This is the female sex hormones. This develops primary and secondary female sex characteristics. Also, stimulate skeletal maturation.
- Progestins: Maintains pregnancy (pro-gestation). Produced by placenta and prevents conception.
- These are the type of steroid hormones.
- These are based on androgen testosterone
- These are also called anabolic androgenic steroids
- These are performance enhancing drugs
- These increase protein synthesis rate
- Their effect (anabolism) is especially evident in muscles.
- They promote appetite, induce male puberty and enhance masculine characteristics like the growth of body hairs and heavy vocal cords. That is why it is commonly used by sportspersons (it increases required traits like aggressiveness and competitiveness) and bodybuilders.
What is metabonil?
Now let us move one-step ahead and understand what metanobil is. There is an anabolic steroid called Methandrostenolone. The brand name is metanobil. Some of its common names are Dianabol and Dbol. It found in the form of tablets for taking orally and original liquid for directly injecting into the system using a needle.
It is a very powerful steroid. It can make a large difference in your looks and muscle mass. It is also useful especially if you are looking for something that causes strength gains. Its recommended usage is around 60mg per day. Over dosage should avoid as it may result in some serious side effects like increase in blood pressure and toxicity in the liver.
If you are planning to take steroids for growth, it is important that you first take a metanabol guide on Steroidly, then take an informed decision.